How to Treat Hyperpigmentation
On this blog, let's focus on all the practical steps you can take to help fade excess pigment, even out your skin tone, and revive your natural radiance.
Approach the issue with both patience and diligence; hyperpigmentation can be a stubborn condition to treat and near impossible to completely erase from your face.
There isn’t one miracle product that will eradicate excess melanin; for the best results, it’s all about regular maintenance and a plan based on a layered approach including:
he lifestyle factors that contribute to this commonly experienced skin condition and the proactive habits you can and should adopt that will make a difference to not only treating that excess pigment but preventing it from worsening.
- Wear a high-protection, broad-spectrum sunscreen like Age Defence SPF50+ before you leave the house, even in winter.
- Protect your face, neck, and chest from direct sun exposure. When outdoors, make sure you wear a hat, sunglasses, and protective clothing and when indoors, be aware that UVA light penetrates windows.
- Ensure you’re eating a balanced diet. Choose foods rich in Folic Acid like whole grains, nuts, and green, leafy vegetables as low levels of Folic Acid can lead to hyperpigmentation. Antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables also help to repair and protect the skin from environmental factors like UV exposure and free radicals.
- Quit smoking. Smoking not only causes significant and permanent damage to the skin but it impairs its natural resilience and constricts the flow of oxygen to skin cells.
Skinstitut Age Defence SPF50+
- Provides protection from exposure to the sun: UVA and UVB Aids in the prevention of premature aged skin, discolouration and loss of elasticity.
- Suitable for sensitive skins.
- Light and hydrating.
- For all skin types.
- Chemical and physical protection.
- Non comodogenic and water resistant.
- TGA Approved AUST L 203308.
2. Active Ingredients
We recommend a cocktail of active ingredients that work together to slow melanin production, calm inflammation, boost cellular renewal, and refine skin tone and texture.
Chemical exfoliants like Glycolic and Lactic Acid, and botanical Vitamin A will help to lift darker pigment off the surface layer of the skin and make way for fresher, brighter skin cells. Calming antioxidants like resilience-boosting Resveratrol, Japanese Seaweed, and Magnolia Bark Extract can help to deal with the inflammatory nature of hyperpigmentation and settle those melanocytes into submission.
3. Skin Needling
Tiny micro needles work to carefully break up the excess pigment below the skin’s surface and accelerate Collagen production and the natural healing process. At home you can incorporate DIY skin needling into your routine a couple of times a week to help refine and surface your skin tone and texture with our non-invasive, easy-to-use Skin Inject DNC Derma Roller.
Skinstitut Skin-Inject Skin Needling Roller
A non-invasive treatment which offers a safe and effective treatment for retaining youth. Acne scars, wrinkles and sun spots are reduced. Also known as CIT “collagen induction therapy” skin needling is effective because the underlying action of this treatment is stimulating your skin to produce more of its own collagen. Simply put, it is laying down new foundations which helps improve the surface skin appearance giving it a natural youthful glow.