Post shower routine TLC
There are some routines in our lives that have become so, routine that we go through them as if on autopilot for example brushing our teeth, washing our face, etc. Our post-showering rituals would probably fall into this category, as we are all so busy with life that getting dry and clothed as the basic priorities after shower time.
At Absolute Skin we feel it is our duty to inform of you that it is important to maintain a good post-shower routine. Here are some post-shower rituals you should be implementing.
1. Moisturising Did you know that hot water and steam can leave your skin super dry after showering. Stay diligent and keep your skin supple and hydrated by moisturizing from head to toe as soon as you jump out of the shower. Make sure that you are using a moisturiser that is right for your skin type.
2. Pat Your Skin Dry Sometimes you need to need to dry off fast and hop into some warm, clean clothes and rush off somewhere. But try not to rough towel dry as is not very good for your skin. Rubbing can exacerbate dry and sensitive skin. So try and be gentle when drying off, I promise it won't take much more time but your skin will thank you.
3. It is the best time to apply your Serums After a steamy shower, the pores in your body are open, allowing for better absorption of skincare products. This is the perfect time to give your beautiful face some love by applying your skin-saving serums and oils.
4. Apply leave-In conditioner Are you haphazardly throwing your unbrushed, wet hair into a tangled bun when its wet? This could be contributing to those split ends. Take a few minutes and spritz your post-shower hair with a nourishing leave-in conditioner or detangler and comb through it with a wide-toothed comb.
5. Cut your nails This is the best time to cut your hands and toe nails as your nails are softer from the water and heat. This makes them easier to cut and file. Make sure when you are applying moisturiser that you ensure that you are extending to your hands and feet as we often forget about these areas. When it comes to your beauty rituals make sure that you are just giving your body the time and TLC it deserves.