- Dryness is typical of the skin around the eyes as we have no oil glands around this area to keep the skin moist and when the skin is dry it leads to line formation as well. A creamy type eye cream is best suited. Recommendations for dryness: Ultraceuticals Ultra Moisturiser Eye cream and Dermalogica Intensive Eye Repair.
- Dark Circles tend to be hereditary and thus can't really be treated by the use of an eye cream but dark circles can also be caused by our lifestyle: not getting enough sleep, not drinking enough water, insufficient diet, sluggish circulation to name a few; these dark circles can be minimised but keep in mind that changes need to be made to your lifestyle as well. Get plenty of sleep!! Recommendations for dark circles: Alpha-H Absolute Eye Complex, and ASAP Advanced Eye Repair
- Puffiness tends to be caused by a build up of fluid around the eye area and is quite often experienced in the morning. Gently massaging in a suitable eye cream will help reduce the puffiness. Recommendations for puffiness: Dermalogica Total Eye Care , Alpha-H Absolute Eye Complex and Annique Eye Therapy.
- Ageing and fine lines will happen to everyone unfortunately, the best we can do is keep the eye area hydrated, stay out of the sun and use a good treatment eye cream to minimize existing lines. Recommendations for fine lines and ageing: Dermalogica Age Smart Multivitamin Power Firm and Alpha-H Intensive Eye Treatment.
- The ASAP Advanced Eye Repair and Ultraceuticals Ultra C Eye Cream both contain retinol and go one step in further in softening existing lines thus they are best recommended for advanced ageing or mature skins.
This is a long overdue post and is a follow up from the last blog titled:Why should I use an eye cream? It can be confusing trying to decide what eye cream to buy as there are so many available all claiming to do wonders for the eye area so I thought I'd give a bit of advise on how to decide what is going to be best for you. Firstly you need to decide what concerns you the most around the eye area: is it those pesky fine lines that are inevitable as we age or is it dryness, is the skin crepey? Perhaps it's dark circles that bug you and quite often it's puffiness that drives a lot of people nuts. Or perhaps you just want to keep the lines at bay and maintain the delicate skin around the eyes. So lets look at the causes of each and what would be recommended: